On the author's page, a FAQ was released.
Since the whole thing is in JPNese, here is the translation.
The output shows "NOT FOUND" and cannot be launched.
- Is the ROM file in the current ROMS folder?ms0:/psp/game/mamepsp (place the EBOOT.PBP here) then,
ms0:/psp/game/mamepsp/roms (place the ROM file here)- Is the ROMset correct? Try using the same vers MAME with Windows or DOS.
XXX doesn't work. (The followings can be thought about)
- MAME itself is not supporting this.
Please confirm if it is working on Windows or DOS same ver.
- Memory isn't enough.
"enable to start video emulation"
"out of memory decoding gfx"
Errors like the above is to memory shortage.
Other similar cases would be, freezing without any messages after "OK".
Freezing at the "OK" screen. There are some possiblities of a fix here,
please report them on the BBS.Others:
Some errors may occur which we haven't recognized. Please report
them to the BBS.
Want to play XXX, please support it.
- Wouldn't want to increase the editions since it is a lot of work.
Don't know when, but maybe...
- Since the Source is out, please impliment your driver and create your
own my PSPMAME.
- BTW, we have confirmed that CPS1 and SYSTEM1 cannot be worked
due to shortage in memory.
Does it have virtual memory? - Nope.
Cannot play enourmous ROM games such as NEOGEO.
Windows Ver is only one, why is PSP ver, many?
- This is to save memory usage.
- Windows ver is compressed. withou compressing it will be few 10mbs.
- There is only 24M usable in PSP. So need to keep each small.
If this wasn't the right place, please toss it around.
Hope this helps.