TurboGrafix CD on PSP Emulators
I have been trying to get the SuperCD game Beyond Shadowgate to work on one of the PSP TG16 emulators. I have been trying 2 different emulators, HuE and PSPHuGo. I followed the instructions here:
I extracted the ISO & Mp3s using cddissect
Q: How do I play PC Engine CD/TurboDuo games?
A: You must copy the ISOs and MP3s of the game zip to your memory card, along with a TOC (Table of Contents) file. You can then load the "Super CD-ROM2 System V3.00 (J).pce" rom and load the CD game. MP3s must be 44,000KHz 128Kbps stereo. (Google for how to convert your mp3s to the appropriate bitrate)
1. Create a text file for your ISO+MP3 CD image.
2. Go to necstasy.emunova.net to find the table of contents for your image.
3. Cut and paste the table of contents into the text file.
4. Save the file as "gamename".toc (i.e. DraculaX.TOC)
5. Place your game files with the TOC file into a folder on your memory card.
6. Load Hue.
7. Load the Super CD-ROM System rom.
8. Load the TOC file from your CD Game folder.
I renamed the mp3s to 01.mp3, 03.mp3, etc. and the single data ISO to 02.iso.
When I try to load the CD image the PC Engine CD-ROM2 System screen appears, then I push run to start the game and it says LOAD ERROR!
I get the same result with both HuE & PSPHuGo
I am using the US version of the game.
I tried to re-rip the files using TurboRip but TurboRip was giving me an error: Read Error: Illegal mode for this track. (when trying to rip the first audio track that comes before the data track)
Using an alternative method I re-ripped the data as a data ISO and 35 wav tracks. The game will now load in both emulators, but the graphics are messed up and the sound doesnt work. In HuE I see numerous "cant open file" error messages on the screen during the game. :Argh:
What am I doing wrong?