Well... Since there is going to be a mass flood of questions, thought id answer one right now...
Just follow this exactly and your set!
Since I know most will be using this new IrShell to stream EVERY WAKING THING THEY HAVE.... I hope you enjoy and ask questions as to how to set this up since I have via this method.
- Download IrShell v1.6 from AhMan's website http://www.ahman.co.nr/
- Download the Network Host File System Server for Windows...
- Extract and Install IrShell onto your v1.0/v1.5 PSP
- Extract the Network Host File System Server file to anywhere on your pc that you want to view, my suggestions is the root, this allows complete access.
- Launch IrShell
- Press R+Start and start the Configurator
- Scroll down to NetHost IP Address option.
- Click 'X'
- Now, leave it there for a second while you obtain your IP Address on the local machine.
- To do this, start the Command Prompt.
Way 1: Start->Run->'cmd'
Way 2: Start->All programs->Accessories->Command Prompt
Way 3: Go into any text editing software, and type in:
"command.com" without the quotes and save it as a .bat
- Now, you may need Admin privleges so, react appropriatley
- Type in the command prompt: "ipconfig" without the quotes
- Where it says: IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.PORT#here.PORT#he re
Remember that number or just keep it open
- Go to your configurator on your PSP again
- You should be editing the defualt Ip address provided
- Replace it with what you get on that line in the command prompt... in my case, i had recieved: IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.101
So id replace the default IP address in teh configurator with 192.168.1.101
- Now press Start
- Now go down 1 option and youll see the XMB Network Config Entry for Nethost: with a defualt of 1...
- Set this to whatever number'd connection your using... Meaning if the connection you want to use is ,in the XMB, 3rd on the list, set this number to 3.
- Press start.
- Enable or Disable the Redirection of APP view to host for ms0:/ mounting (for launching folder specific homebrew)
- Press 'O' to save settings
- Now go to where you had extracted the Network Host File System Server file, and run the nethostfs.exe file
- Now, a command prompt should pop up and stay up.. this is opening a port on your computer for the PSP to access, so fire wall'd or not, allow it.
- Now, just go to your IrShell and if set correctly, press: L+Analog-DOWN and it should initialize your connection and in that command prompt, print some multi-threading issues and what not...
- NOW! If running homebrew via PC, press: L+Analog-RIGHT This redirects AKA mounts your nethost0:/ drive as ms0:/
- If you are wanting to stream music and such, just go to the filebrowser, click the '..' AKA cd out of the current directory. Keep doing this until you reach the root of your memory stick... If you click it again, your into the drive selection menu. Here you can view files (if connected) on your HDD via nethost0:/, USb if connected and intialized via usbhost0:/ and UMD via disc0:/... then the reuglar ms0:/ for memory stick
Now, any time you NEED to Wifi - ically connect, just go to the drive selection in the file browser and click 'nethost0:/' and it will auto matically connect.
Wifi = wireless = data transfer NO 2.0 USB speed...
I viewed a 356 kb BMP and it took 4 seconds to blit to the screen... So when launching homebrew, please allow sometime to blit...
Also, I suggest going into the configurator and disabling preview of the Saved Data icon and Home Brew preview since it has to transfer the preview data of the image, so it takes like 2 seconds to go from one to another...