hi, this isnt a 'how do i install' question, this is a 'please explain what is going on' question.
i looked over the forum, but couldnt find this particualr issue. (i couldnt find a search feature either though...)
my question: when i install devhook .52 by simply placing files on the memstick, after first booting it and then returning to my REAL firmware, my settings are erased. I HAVE NOT SELECTED FLASH INSTALL.
here are the steps i've done (now 3 times) to make htis problem happen:
1. put all .52 devhook files on memstick
2. put DATA.PSAR from 3.03 on memstick root
3. run psar dumper
4. take the newly created F0 folder and put it in devhooks' 3.03 folder
5. delete data.psar file
6. boot devhook, select firmware 3.03 and an iso (NEVER FLASH INSTALL)
7. BSOD on devhook boot, press o, enter settings
8. all works fine on devhook
9. fully power down PSP
10. upon power up, my 'real 1.50 firmware settings' are now erased, hence BSOD
11. enter settings
12. all is fine w/ 'real 1.50 firmware'
my concern: i thought this wasnt supposed to 'write' to my 'real flash'???