From The Creator's of AirCrack-psp Come an New Project Being started on http :// psp.wijou . com to Revolutionize the GBA emulator for the psp. The New PSP app is going to be called NetGBA-PSP and will Make gpSP an thing of the past. The Project will incorporate Business like setup to ensure the projects Success and will Have more than one PSP Developer working on the Project. We may Even be able to Bring Takka and Exo phase into the fold to Bring this Project to life. We will be contacting the Creators of VBAlink and various people working on Different projects to get this project moving. As this is an New homebrew Idea the Lead Develpoers will still
Be in charge of the programing on the project But there will be more than one programmer to ensure an smooth process and make development easier and fun.
Here are the Following Feature of the Planned NetGBA-PSP:
1. Multiplayer linking: Ability to Link your Game Boy Advanced Games under emulation over Wi-fi through Ad-hoc or Infrastructure mode. Support 4 person linking. Game pack sharing. Wireless adapter and standard GBA link Cables.
2.Virtual battery Plugin: Virtual battery for GBA games that keeps track of time the same way the GBA cartage would, This will allow for GBA Pokemon time events to work as it did with the normal GBA.
3. NetGBA's online Plugin: NetGBA's online Feature with an similar system to sony's PSN. Basically an Social Networking So you can chat online using your own headset in chat rooms and see what Game's People are playing, Have Friends lists, share Game Saves Play GBA games online with Each other. Support with Multitasking Plugin so you can access the XMB and still chat online with your Friends under Voice chat.
4. Multitasking Plugin: Allows you to run Music from the XMB or Get codes or Cheats from the internet and still have the game in the background.
5. Rom Hash checking: this Feature makes it so you can Identify the GBA games that people are playing and Version of the ROM. Example: in Pokemon there is several Versions of the Pokemon game and it makes using Cheats easier because it allows you to know what version of the game you have so you can find the right codes for the game. This will also allow NetGBA to detect roms if the are not labeled Correctly and you will be able to go online and ask the server what the Games ROM is by hash check. This also allows the NetGBA's online Plugin to identify the GBA Rom that you are playing and post it in your Status to your Friends.
6. IrShell Support.
7. Ventrilo Like push to talk and private Voice chat sessions.
8. Game shark , codebreaker, Action Replay Cheat access. All Cheat's will be disabled While linking is in Progress. Full end HEX Editor for all Cheat codes. Make your own Cheat codes using Gameshark, codebreaker or Action Replay HEX code. Share Cheat's with Friends online
9. All Save States and Emulator pausing will be disabled so as not to interfere with the Linking process. When you link with someone it will say Kiaos wants to link with you playing Pokemon Emerald and it will ask you do you accept and it displays an warning saying all Cheats and save states will be disabled while Linking and while your in NetGBA menu on your psp it will say on the other psp that your Friend is changing settings and will prevent linking process from failing.
The Following is The Forum that the Project will be worked on if you have anyway of contacting the Current PSP Developers of gpSP please Redirect them to the forum posted here.
http : // psp. wijou. com/forum/ ?showtopic=1269
Please post input on http : // psp .wijou. com/ for Suggestions and help.