DownloadACHTUNG! WARNING! DISCLAIMER! Please help test!
Before you use this, be sure to know how to use RECOVERY MODE to disable the plugin, if you put in a bad replacement.
This is cxmb with matchung's changes for 5.50gen functionality, plus the following change:
If a file exists on the memory stick in the /cxmb/override/vsh/module, /cxmb/override/vsh/resource, or /cxmb/override/font folders, it will load the file -instead- of whatever may be in a .ctf.
Yes, this includes .prx files, (except for paf.prx, common_gui.prx, and vshmain.prx which will be added later). This means you can hex edit htmlviewer_plugin.prx and change the 'online instruction manuals' link to whatever, without unpacking and repacking your .ctf. This also opens the possibility for homebrew to edit this sort of thing onboard.
This is intended for theme developers, power users, and anyone who wishes to use their own gameboot or 01-12.bmp instead of what may be in the loaded theme.
As CXMB is licensed under the GPL, the full source code is provided in the source directory.
* For now, one must have a .ctf theme loaded for /cxmb/override/ to work.
* Semi-bricking possible if one puts in a bad .prx or .rco - this can be fixed by disabling cxmb-override.prx in recovery mode.
* Adding certain stuff like 01-12.bmp will require a reboot. Others like gameboot.paf do not require it. When in doubt, reboot.
* The included binary outputs debugging messages, which are normally invisible but may have a performance impact.
Tested so far:
* Firmware: 5.50gen d3final
* .ctf Theme: [Release] P3T550 Persona3 Theme
* Replacements: 01-12.bmp, gameboot.pmf, htmlviewer_plugin.prx, topmenu_plugin.rco, htmlviewer_plugin.rco
* copy cxmb/cxmb-override.prx to the cxmb folder on your memstick.
* (optional) copy the cxmb/override folder to cxmb/override on your memstick. This contains a gameboot and 01-12.bmp that have been tested to work (yes, the wallpaper is moronic :P).
* in /seplugins/vsh.txt, disable ms0:/cxmb/cxmb.prx
* in /seplugins/vsh.txt, add ms0:/cxmb/cxmb-override.prx 1
* To replace a gameboot.pmf or 01-12.bmp, toss it into /cxmb/override/vsh/resource/
* The above likely applies to waves and whatever was included in TheCraziness1's 'XMB RCO Patcher'
The logfile debugging function in the original cxmb croaked with high volume logging. The included binary prints to stderr instead, which means psplink and pspsh.exe are needed to see informative messages. If you want to help debug issues, a .zip of a working psplink and utilities can be provided.
I would appreciate testing and source review, as I am not -that- familiar with C or PSP programming.
* Reading from /cxmb/override without a loaded ctf.
* Find a better way to check for a file's existence than just attempting to open. This applies to .ctf too.
* vshmain.prx and others.
* conf.txt options for debugging/enabling/etc.
rco_patcher.prx provides functionality for replacing .rcos only, and doesn't work with cxmb.
* Dark_alex for cfw and especially a recovery menu with usb mode :P
* The original author of CXMB for creating it and placing it under GPL, who's name I am ignorant of because I are teh noob.
* Poisonhzkj, Poison, and Matchung for coding and updating cxmb.