i know that many has already posted their own pandora guide here so there is nothing new in the process... the only question would be... its just how easy you will understand and absorb the process of creating pandora or universal unbricker. i tried several times and was able to help and meet new friends also. thank you for giving me time to post this guide. pls share your knowledge for those who needs help. thanks. lets built a better psp community here at QJ.net
Create Pandora using slim and phat works for CFW 3.XX to CFW 3.90 M33-2
I would like to advise you all that this guide only works for psp with CFW installed not psp with Official Firmwares.
Pandora battery only works with original slim or phat batteries only. Pls dont use CLASS A batteries.
This will be my new update on my tutorial to create pandora using your own psp slim and phat. i know many have posted their own guide on creating pandora for their psp, so i just posted this in hope to help others to create their own pandora. There is nothing new in the process im just giving new ideas how to update your pandora. In this tutorial you can create 2 versions of Universal Unbricker: V3 and V4 or the original pandora with 1.50 installer. i will try to make it simple so that everyone can follow the steps easily. Every files and applications that you need is already provided, just click on the download links. Disclaimer: i will not be responsible for any harm or damage done to your PSP using my applications or softwares downloaded from this site. tnx.
special thanks for Hellcat for this great application. i'm using this to create pandora memstick on my psp.
1. Format memstick using ur PSP (slim or phat)
2. Copy pan3xx Rev 3 to GAME folder Download pan3xx Rev 3
3. Copy update.pbp to ROOT Download UPDATE.pbp
4. Disconnect the PSP from PC
5. Run pan3xx Rev3 press R+X (to format and repartition)
6. Press L+R+X (to proceed repartition, all files will be deleted...)
7. Connect the PSP again to PC, create PSP folder, inside the PSP folder create GAME folder
8. Copy Pan3xx Rev 3 folder to GAME folder
9. Copy update.pbp to ROOT
10.Copy 150.pbp, 340.pbp, 371.pbp and 380.pbp to the root of the memstick also.
Download 150.pbp Download 340.pbp Download 371.pbp Download 380.pbp
11. Copy despertar del cementerio to game folder ( turn off ur custom theme if any )
Choose Universal Unbricker you want to put in your game folder:
DL despertar del cementerio V3 = this will upgrade/modify your psp and will install CFW 3.71 M33-2 directly to your psp
DL despertar del cementerio V4 = this will upgrade/modify your psp and will install CFW 3.80 M33-5 directly to your psp
12. create GAME371 and GAME380 folder inside PSP folder
13. Copy open source pandora battery tool to GAME371 and GAME380 folder Download open source pandora battery tool ver 5 special thanks to cory 1492 for this application.
info: for some reason i have tested pan3xx Rev 3 to make my battery to pandora however whenever i press "O" it says battery pandorized but when i try to insert my battery its not yet pandora. I'm not sure what's wrong in the process but this happens on every psp with CFW 3.80 M33 and CFW 3.90 M33. To make my battery to pandora i use open source pandora battery tool ver 5 instead. You can also change your battery back from pandora (service mode) to normal.
14. Disconnect the PSP from PC
15. Run pan3xx Rev 3 (make sure you have update.pbp in your memstick root...) press X , it will install all the necessary files.
16. Wait until pan3xx Rev 3 finishes installing the files on your memstick, from the menu press L+X to install ms0:/MSIPL.BIN, and wait when asked press L+X again, wait for program to exit
(congrats! you now have a jigkick memstick. this will upgrade/modify your psp and will install 1.50 directly to your psp.)
if you want to have Universal Unbricker V3 or V4 proceed with step#17...
17. Run despertar del cementerio, wait until it finish (it will update and overwrite 1.50 to universal unbricker from ur jigkick)
18. connect again ur psp to ur PC delete the update.pbp from the root of ur memstick. (but if you only want to have pandora with 1.50 installer, dont delete update.pbp from root. just run pan3xx rev 3 again and this will update and overwrite your V3 or v4 memstick with 1.50) you can also use this to downgrade back to 1.50
19. Viola you now have a custom made Pandora magic memstick (you can also use this memstick as a regular memstick to store and play your ISO/CSO games. )
option: you can also put CFW 3.90 M33 update to your memstick
Download CFW 3.90 M33 update and copy to your E:/PSP/GAME folder to update your psp make sure your battery is at least 80% charge
option: if you have updated your psp to CFW 3.90 M33, you can also include these files...
DL CFW 3.90 M33-2 copy this to E:/PSP/GAME folder
for psp phat users only: DL 1.50 kernel 2nd add on for CFW 3.90 m33
option: you can also use Adhoc File Transfer to switch your Universal Unbricker from V3 to V4, just copy them both on a subfolder and use Adhoc File Transfer to move them on E:/PSP/GAME folder and run which despertar del cementerio you like. just make sure that 340.pbp, 371.pbp and 380.pbp is in your memstick root.
Download Adhoc File Transfer you can also use this as a file manager to copy, rename, delete, move, create directory
How to use your newly created pandora?
1. Run open source pandora battery tool ver 5 from your psp, from menu press X and select make battery to pandora (service mode) and exit.
2. Turn off your psp, remove your battery and memstick.
3. Insert 1st your magic memstick, then insert your pandorized battery (your wi-fi and LED will flashes and on your screen your psp will show you a message; asking you to press "X" to start flashing your psp (revive your psp back if bricked)
To make your battery back to normal
1. Insert your psp charger to psp and turn on your psp without the pandorized battery
2. Once you are on the XMB, re insert the magic memstick and your pandorized battery
3. Run open source pandora battery tool ver 5, from menu press X and select make battery to normal mode and exit.
4. you can now turn off your psp, remove the memstick and battery (so that it will not recall the service mode)
5. re insert your memstick and battery and turn on your psp. Your psp is back to normal again.
Special thanks to my friends Joniellle, D-EviL,Nickdagamer, TheRealDeal_32, Chi_06, Xer2k8.
Tutorial UPDATED!!! February 21, 2008