It's leaner than the past couple of weeks' hauls, but we did see some great homebrew releases this week. After a long time of inactivity, Yoshihiro burst right back onto the homebrew scene with a work-in-progress showing of his 5.50 debug firmware for PSP-1000s. OK, not really a release but it's a start. New releases are always welcome, so hopefully this comes to a workable stage and that there'll be less drama this time around.
We also saw another upstart CFW going with the U3R tag, some updates from the Custom Firmware Enabler team, and a Popsloader version for 5.50GEN-A for all of those PSOne fans out there.
Homebrew gaming, meanwhile, was mostly dominated by one update after another for Light Cycle 3D, a beautiful-looking 3D homebrew game that brings Tron's light cycle racing to the PSP in 3D. We also saw some updates for Chronicles, Battlegrounds, and other homebrew games, but seriously, it was like one Light Cycle 3D update after another. Not that I'm complaining. Game looks fantastic.
Read on for the rest of the PSP Homebrew Weekend Warrior!
- MyRandomGameboot v3 now supports opening_plugin.rco.Link
- Update Trick v2.5.Link
- CXMB 5.50 GEN beta.Link
- FuSa GAMEPAD v0.2. Link
- PSP Power Saver v.0.1.0 bugfix release.Link
- Popsloader for CFW 5.50GEN-A now available. Link
- Custom Firmware 5.50 U3R released, version 2 now available.Link
- Custom Firmware Enabler v3.50.Link
- WIP: Yoshihiro's 5.50 debug firmware for PSP fat.Link
- Chronicles v1.1d. Link
- Battlegrounds 3 v0.4.Link
- Light Cycle 3D
That's it for this week folks. Catch you again next week for another recap of the biggest homebrew news that graced these pages.