As promised, PSPGen together with GENyUS has released the much awaited Custom Firmware 5.50GEN-B. This is great news to all GEN users especially when news broke days ago when Sony successfully implemented a security update that prevented Custom Firmware 5.00 M33 users in accessing the Playstation Store. Fortunately, Custom Firmware 5.50GEN users was safe.
The new update will be available for all PSP-1000 and PSP-2000 owners with TA-088v1 and v2, sadly, owners of PSP-2000 with TA-088v3 mobos and all PSP-3000 are not yet supported in this update. And since this is an update, you need Custom Firmware 5.50GEN-A installed in your PSP.
Custom Firmware 5.50GEN-B changelog:
- The bug that prevented disabling the VSH Menu has been resolved.
- The select button can either start the Recovery (Recovery in VSH), the VSH Menu (default) or do nothing at all (for those who use the remote play between PSP and PS3)
- Updated network off M33
- Evangelion Jo can be launched.
- Pandorisation options are available in the VSH menu and Recovery
- Option Flash1 Format: adding a check that prevents the Flash1 format if it is in the VSH.
- 3 new functions in the VSH Menu
- Shutdown device (turn off)
- Make Normal Battery (Replace the battery in standard mode)
- Make Pandora Battery (pandorise battery)
Download: Custom Firmware 5.50GEN-B
- Custom Firmware 5.50GEN-B coming soon
- Custom Firmware 5.50GEN-A released, Build 4 now available for slim users to fix PSN issue