October 15, 2009 is the date set for the arrival of the newest Fullmetal Alchemist installment, entirely different from Alchemist and Broken Angel. Not a port, but a brand new game.
Fullmetal Alchemist: Senaka wo Takuseshi Mono (roughly translated in English as Fullmetal Alchemist: Trust the Person in the Back) is described as a "two on two 'bonds battle' game". Mechanics are as follows:
Check out the scan from a Japanese magazine featuring this game. By the way, although Square Enix owns the rights to the Fullmetal Alchemist franchise, this one's being developed by Namco Bandai.
- Teams are formed by players, which then battle each other (ie. Edward and Alphonse or Hawkeye and Mustang)
- Weak attacks: mapped to X
- Strong attacks: mapped to O
- Bond gauge: when this is full, teammates can link up for a powerful combination attack
- Way of the Samurai 2 PSP Port in the works
- Mana Khemia getting PSP port
- Japan getting Dynasty Warriors 6 PSP port