Homebrew developer Filippo Battaglia (pegasus2000) dropped by our forums to announce the latest update of Nanodesktop is now ready for download. Nanodesktop is a popular SDK that provides developers a set of libraries that make it easier to code homebrews. The dev describes the latest update as the most complex and advanced SDK ever released.
Version 0.4 partial list of features includes:
Just a little reminder from the dev, Nanodesktop is compatible with C, C and Python. To install the app, Windows users are recommended to use Corona Installer while Linux users can use the manual procedure as described in the manual.
- Support for sprite engine and winsprites (sprites in window) engine
- Support for full screen mode
- Support for desktop objects (now, Nanodesktop has icons on desktop, like you can see in the Nanodesktop GraphDemo)
- A new memory manager for PSPE
- C code fully optimized
- Hyperfont engine (an engine that uses TrueType fonts everywhere)
- ndPython (a new, revolutionary, Python interpreter compatible with Nanodesktop; I'll say about it in an other message)
- ndImageMagick (a tool for image manipulations, with hundreds of functions; Nanodesktop can use ndImageMagick and ndOpenCV, obtaining a super powerful elaboration system for images;
- ndMotion2D: a scientific software ( Motion2D: a software to estimate 2D parametric motion models), realized by INRIA (Institut national de recherche en informatique et automatique) that is able to calculate the 2D motion estimation parameters
- ndSuperRes: a superresolution software, developed by Michael Smith at Carlenton University. I'll talk about it in another message;
- ndMPEG2Dec: a MPEG2 decoder (still in experimental stage)
- ndOpenCV and ndHighGUI have been fully optimized. The last has been made thread safe, so you can run several image recognition and artificial vision jobs in the same moment
- A new microphone API, that is able to emulate any frequency of the microphone
- Ultra-fast memcpy, memset, memcmp, 4x faster than in the previous release
- NanoMutex, a simple way to avoid conflicts between threads.
- Various optimizations in the memory management
Download: Nanodesktop v0.4 (official dl site)
Visit: QJ.NET's PSP Development Forums
- Proof of concept SDK demo: Nanodesktop GraphDemo01 rev. B
- PSP homebrew - Nanodesktop SDK 0.3.5 ONLYDEV01 for Win32/Linux