IJakel released on our forums his new homebrew application for the PSP, DimTheLights v.55. It's basically a plugin that attempts to remove your PSP as a light source. New in this release is the Hotkey, so you can use it as iR Remote in iRShell without screen.
You can also use it as a mouse with no screen in PSPVNC and PSPDISP, or you can just shut off the screen. It's battery-saving too. Other features are as follows:
- Hot key L R O Will shut the screen off and will not come back on until hotkey is pressed allowing u to use as mouse and remote as mentioned.
- If launched game from UMD; Plugin will not disable the umd drive thus not crashing.
- Sets PSP Volume to 0 on startup.
- Turns off LEDs
- Stops UMD Drive on startup
- Dims the backlight as far as it will go. [Phat and Slim differentiate]
- When coming back from standby, the LEDs will remain off.
- If you would like to play a game. You may hold L Trigger on startup of psp and it will not disable umd, but you can re-enable it with the hotkey. Just an added feature
- Hot key Left Trigger and Note will enable the leds and put the brightness to normal visa versa.
- Hot key Left Trigger and Volume Down will disable the UMD drive while in any mode (XMB, Game, Pops)
- Hot key Left Trigger and Volume Up will re-enable the UMD driver, allowing the use of your UMD games/videos.
Download: DimTheLights v.55
Discuss: QJ.NET's PSP Development Forums