Homebrew coder Bubbletune is back to release a new update for Game Categories plugin, a handy homebrew plugin that lets you categorize and organize your PSP's Game menu. the latest update has added support for 5.50 GEN, new mode, new options, language support and more.
This was mainly implemented because of the new integration with vsh, and it didn't look good to have an English string in other languages. You can translate the plugin by creating a text file at ms0:/seplugins/game_categories_xx.txt, where xx is the language code of your language. A list of language codes can be found in the readme. Note that if you just changed your language in vsh, you need to reboot to make the changes active (this will be fixed in a future version). A file game_categories_en.txt is included for translation purposes, but not necesarry to copy to your PSP, as English is embedded inside the plugin.
Version 4 changelog:
- Recoded entire project.
- Added support for 5.50 GEN.
- Added new mode, "Context menu", see below for more information (this replaces pre-game-menu mode).
- Added new option under System Settings to pick your mode instead of the ctrl combo.
- Added possibility to translate the plugin to your own language.
- Order of your categories is now calcuated from their modification time instead of randomly.
- Changed remap code, a lot of character and count limits should now be gone or decreased, including SCE limits.
- Show All option was removed in order to aid the removal of certainth limits.
- Fixed compatibility with a lot plugins.
Download: Game Categories v4