After months of anticipation, homebrew coder dan369 has finally released the first version of PSP Mario - The New Worlds. The homebrew game based on the classic Super Mario Bros. is now out of beta and is a total recode from the previews version. Notable features of version 0.01 includes classic HUD, complete animation, tilemap levels, play either as Luigi or Mario, classic sound effects and more.
- Classic HUD
- Complete mario/luigi animations (including death animations, turning animations & flag animations)
- Full goomba A.i
- Tilemap levels
- Now completely uses tile based collision.
- Play as Luigi or Mario
- Brick Block & ? Block animations.
- Classic sound effects.
- And loads more smaller touches.
Here's a little sneak peak of the game. Just a little note from the dev, the footage was shot using RemoteJoyLite which records at 30 fps, but rest assured that the game runs at constant 60 fps. Enjoy!
- Start - pause/un-pause
- X - jump
- R Trigger - run (only when holding down the trigger will the player run, otherwise it walks)
- Analog/left & right direction pads = move
Download: PSP Mario - The New Worlds v0.01
Discuss: QJ.NET's PSP Development Forums