Homebrew coder Art has released a new update for AVEC, a faster GPS vector mapper for the PSP. The latest update now includes two modes, the 1.50 kernel version and a new user mode that supports Sony's PSP-290 USB GPS device. Version 5 has also added some new features like color cycling circle, signal strength indicator, improved joystick and some other bug fixes.
This is AVEC GPS V5 release. The AVEC program now has two variations, both of which are included in the release package. The 1.50 kernel mode version still connects to serial GPS devices, and as of AVEC V5, a new User mode version supports the Sony PSP-290 USB GPS device.
Version 5 Changelog:
For more info about the release, please check the documentation provided by the dev in the download. And one more thing, congrats to Art for winning the Neoflash 2009 Summer Coding Competition PSP App Division.
- Implementation of Deniska's PSP-290 test program routines provides compatibility with the PSP-290.
- Added signal strength indicator to user mode version of the program for PSP-290.
- Added colour cycling circle around pointer crosshair to make it easier to see.
- Improved joystick controlled map rotation feature for track up mode without a GPS device.
- Greatly improved the speed of rotation routine for faster drawing in track up display mode.
- Improved accuracy of screen position by removing zoom levels that cause float rounding error. This fixed a bug in the find place by name feature where the found place may not have been on the screen.
- Fixed bug in screen capture routine. Saved images were horizontaly offset by one pixel.
- Improved text entry method for find place by name feature by implementing optional analogue selector.
- Fix to projection routines to resolve a problem that caused some lines and polygons to appear squashed toward the bottom of the screen. This may have added a noticable processing overhead.
Download: AVEC GPS v5
Discuss: QJ.NET PSP Development Forums