There's a new Capcom RPG coming your PSP's way and for sure, expectations are bound to be high, especially because the development team behind it is an all-star cast. Last Ranker, as this new game will be called, is under the crafting hands of Image Epoch, with staff comprised of but some of the biggest names in game development history.
Let the roll call begin:
But let's not get too hasty. The real star of this article (although those names sure are blinding), is Last Ranker. This RPG is set in a world dominantly populated by soldiers. Your lead character here is Zig, with the goal of bringing him to the top of the rank as the organization sizes them up and sees how prepared they are for battle.
- Matsukawa Minae (Phoenix Wright): producer
- Niinou Kazuya (Seventh Dragon) director
- Nojima Kazushige (Final Fantasy VII, Kingdom Hearts): scenario writer
- Shimomura Yoko (Street Fighter II, Kingdom Hearts) composer
- Yoshikawa Tatsuya (Breath of Fire, Devil May Cry 4): character designer
Here's the twist: there will be no party system in Last Ranker. That's right. The combat system is centered on one person fights, with Zig fighting it out with his fellow Rankers. If you want some more action, sometimes you can opt to fight it out with monsters. Sometimes, you'll be teamed up with others.
See, Zig's star shines on his own. We'll get you updated on more from this all-star package as soon as they come.