Would you like to get all the newest Gaming News from
QJ.NET in your email each day?
Want to learn more about the team who brings you the QJ news?
Read about them now!
This is a discussion on [Release] XMB Visual "Face" within the PSP Themes, Mods & Media forums, part of the PSP Chat category; Heres a visual I put together using the font "aaron" as the icons. The icons are 8-bit, 80x80, nothing too ...
Last edited by MiGs; 04-28-2007 at 08:27 PM.
Thanks, I learned a couple tricks about making icons while making this too:
1. If your pictures are overlaping, thats cause theres not enough black on the bottom and top of your main icon. So I found out that if you reduce the image size, say, from 64x64 to lets say, 48x48, then increase the canvas size back up to 64x64, doing this adds more empty space around your icon, while maintaining it in the center.
2. If you have 1 or 2 pixels that are overlapping, you can do the above trick, or just add a 1-2px black border around your image and resize it. This works well too.
3. Even tho you can use bigger images then 48x40, they are scaled down, but... they do get some jagged edges, not good if you have a glow effect going, and you need that extra fuzziness.
4. Always remember to edit your alpha channel when your working with 32-bit bmps (sony uses it for the cool glow), if you don't want to mess with the alpha channel, then just use 8-bit bmps.
5. If you keep getting errors in RCOedit that there are too many colors, in Photoshop, go to image>mode>indexed color, then get the colors under 256, then save if you are using 8-bit bmps, if you are using 32-bit bmps, do the same as before but then after the colors are under 256, return it to RGB color, image>mode>RGB color, then save, and RCOedit will now take it.
thats is freaken awesome.....
[CENTER][COLOR=Black][U][I][B]Oldskool Fat PSP's PWN[/B][/I][/U][/COLOR]
[SIZE=1][COLOR=White][U][I]Thnx ********** for 1 year premium :)
Yay! I love new mp3 thingies. I'm getting sick of the colorful moving thingy on my music.
Can everyone please donate me ONE (or more) point(s)? You'll be put in my cool list!Originally Posted by Dark_Alex
Cool List: [500,000 points - Misspelledcious] [Urameshi - 10,000,000] [61407 - Da_Merv]
[1 point - DeviantSavant] [1 point - placo23] [10000 points - Dritan2krc1] [6115 points - thatoneguy] [1 point - explosions] [132264 points - -Alex-] [3015 points - xpack] [30000 - k0ud]Birthday Thank Yous: |-Anubis-|, Gamelordomega, Urameshi, Misspelledcious, -Chw42-, Josey Wales
Nice ... and THANK you for sharing!
Thanks for the tips! By the way, I absolutely love Escaflowne =POriginally Posted by MiGs
[FONT="Century Gothic"][FIELDSET=][COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="3"][URL="http://forums.qj.net/showthread.php?t=120185#"][B][U]SIDE XMB[/U][/B][/URL][/SIZE][/CENTER]
[CENTER][SIZE="2"][CENTER][SIZE="2"][URL="http://forums.qj.net/showthread.php?t=119026"][GUIDE] How to move icons in the XMB & Create Compressed PRX's[/URL][/SIZE][/CENTER]
[URL="http://forums.qj.net/showthread.php?t=118774"][GUIDE] How to Launch App From XMB Using An Icon [/URL][/SIZE][/CENTER][/COLOR][/FIELDSET][/FONT]