GLASS(slick) is finally here!
[This release is dedicated to Vibestar's Grandfather who passed away recently.]
NOW INCLUDES FILES FOR 3.52M33!! CHECK BELOW FOR DETAILS- GLOWS NOW BACK! AND HOLD!
BEFORE INSTALLING READ NOTES AT BOTTOM. 3.40 ONLY
Wow, what an effort this has been. From first mockups through to the final product this has truly been an adventure for me.
I wanted to keep it as faithful to the original idea, and I think I have accomplished this. Right now it is 6AM GMT and I am finally finished, and I can definitely say I think it's been worth the wait.
First off, the credits, in no particular order: the whole Inacor team. With particular thanks to
VibeStar (for wonderful help and support with elements of the design, guiding me through the hexing...),
S3V3N2 (for continous testing and support of the idea, and generally being a great idea bouncer and troubleshooter)
Undertaxx (for his amazing keyboard mod, and help with ideas)
And a special mention to H901 who has been testing various parts of the theme and been a great help in much of the creation of the xmb, and to Bstronga for the initial VSH.
Here is a shot of one of the first mockups:
And here is a shot of the REAL xmb:
Pretty close I think you'll agree?
Heres a little video:
Things in this release:
1) Completely unique xmb topmenu idea where the whole of the submenu icons are contained within glows. To minimize impact on other function, Bstronga personally made me a VSH that redirects all ICONS to 1, yet allows every glow. Everything is made so that it feels like a coherent unit.
The VSH is completely hacked so that in every menu the icons sit properly in the battery, and items the are selected dont sit in the way of the battery.
2) Unique battery idea where the xmb is shunted to the side and the battery contains the icons. Because only the highlighted icon glows, only this icon is seen and so integrates the battery into the theme very well.
As the battery loses charge, holes appear in it, 3 in total, indicating roughly how much is left.
3) A very subtle and beautiful mute icon. when one selects mute, a nice bar appears along the bottom indicating this change of state, and a new icon is placed under, and attached to the battery. This is different to the mockup, but due to the fact that the hold and the mute positions are linked to the clock, having the clock below and on the left wall of the screen became ugly, so this was a very nice solution, to a very annoying problem.
4) The BRAND NEW ULTRA AMAZING VOLUME BAR! One of my biggest and favorite discoveries along the way, this has the functionality of showing you (out of 30) what volume level you are on. Pretty clever :)
5) FULL SCREEN HOLD. Need I say more. Put hold on and you PSP is covered in a pane of glass rendering the psp inactive. A nice visual aid.
(also, notice that there are 2 system_plugin_fg's contained in the release? Hmm...)
6) Beautiful new on screen keyboard! with help from Undertaxx to decompress the file, I set about creating a glassy osk, and it works a treat! Vibestar scoffed at me for creating this as he thought it was a ridiculous amount of work, but I trawled through it and created a work of art. :) Essentially each key is a glass button showing whatever is currently in the background with glowing lights under the selected button.
7) Great new wave :) Following on my my experience with liquidPSP I wanted something that worked with the glass theme, and so I created one with new movement that is totally different from any known wave. Again, using wave model2 with certain edits to the code, it produces lines the go across the psp like the shines of light you get if you tilt glass against a light source.
8) New sounds. All recorded from various places, these are the most polished sounds that I think are on any PSP.
9) Music Player. Using mods courtesy of Vibestar this does not require anything redirected to Flash1. Albums and singles are Hex edited to sit in the battery (getting albums to do this in a visually pleasing way was very time consuming)
PS: Visualizer is custom too
10) New fading infobar that instead of sliding in, fades in beautifully, and changes color appropriately as it is semi transparent. (big thanks to Bstronga) There is also a separate infobar for the music player, as there are always only 2 or 3 options in it.
11) 12 Full resolution selectable monthly backgrounds! For use with a lovely wave. Like mine. Compressed by the one and only UNDERTAXX!
12) Great new gameboot and cintro created by me that look pretty damn nice! (though these are only for use internally with inacor, as I cant release them here) the Cintro is a forest of glass shards floating in zero G, and one eventually slides up to revels my logo, with the sound of wind chimes in the background. The Gameboot works with the quick zoom/fade that the xmb does towards the screen and proceeds to shatter the glass off the screen revelaing the name if the XMB. (sorry for the crappy quality video-it looks simply gorgeous in real life)
13) OPTIONAL: I have created a custom paf.prx that makes the scrolling of the horizonal a lot smoother and generally makes the whole theme feel more.. slick ;)
14) ...And just in case you forget who made it, a custom about page, featuring a glimpse of who I am and what I do. :)
Heres a couple more screenshots..
Hope you all enjoy the release!
DISCLAIMER: If you wish to include the paf.prx (2.2MB) you must free up flash0 space by deleting the 'dic' folder, this holds info for asian fonts. Once you have done this then install the files. DO NOT try to redirect it to Flash1!
If you do not wish to do this, then simply do not flash the paf.prx inside the nodule folder. In fact, remove it from the rar archive after downloading so there is no chance of doing so.
I am NOT responsible for anything that may go wrong during you installation. This is tested on many PSP's and I have flashed this to a freshly upgraded psp many times myself, and it has worked flawlessly.
I have used reboot.prx (search qj for it) mapped to the network update.
Release - no gameboots
THIS HAS THE NEW FONTS, NEW VISUALIZER, NEW SYSTEM_PLUGIN and BEST OF ALL.... NEW MUSIC PLAYER!
Music player thanks to my amazing fellow team mate, S3V3N2! a round of applause for him please!
SCHMILK has converted it for 3.52!!
GO INACOR!Originally Posted by SchmilK