Guide to Getting DVD's onto your PSP (Mac Users Only)
Here is a very simple process to complete this, sure to be hard task.
So to begin, you need:
- a PSP
- USB Cable
- Mac Computer
- Yade X
1. Download the required programs
- For Yade X, go to http://www.macetvideo.com/dl_center/dl_center.html and select 'Lien 1' of 'YadeX US v 0.99b'.
- For FFMPEGX, go to http://homepage.mac.com/major4/download.html and select
'Download ffmpegx 0.0.9t' or whatever the latest version is.
NOTE: For ffmpegx, you should follow the instructions on the download page to properly install ffmpegx with all needed plugins.
2. Install the programs you downloaded
3. Insert DVD into drive (make sure to close DVD Player when it launches)
4. Open 'Yade X'
- You will see a list of things, these are the contents of the DVD
- Locate the Track that is the longest...this will be the main movie (not the special features and such)
- Now, go to File > Save VOB (just save it to desktop)
- After it is done saving, continue on
5. Open 'ffmpegx'
- Take the .vob file you saved to the desktop, and drag it to where it says 'Drop file here' in 'ffmpegx'
- Now you will have your source, and you need to change the format for output
- Click the arrow located next to 'To' and locate and select PSP
- Click encode...and patiently wait
- The .mp4 file should be saved to the desktop, the same place as the .vob file. It will have a proper filename, so no worries there
6. Connect your PSP via USB to your Mac
- Drop the file into your 'MNV1001' folder