1.download this file.
2. un-zip the file with any un-zipping program.
3. open up Terminal. (to do so, go to your Applications folder in Finder and find "Terminal")
4. in terminal type "cd" and than drag the "mediacenterx_jar" folder into the terminal window. it should read something like this "cd /Users/*your name*/Desktop/mediacenterx_jar" after this is done, press enter.
5. copy and paste this line (without the quotes, duh) "java -jar MediaCenter.jar" into terminal.
6. once you press enter, a bunch of text should start scrolling, and if this all goes without saying "Failed SocketConnector" you're good to go!
7. to test, copy and paste your IP address that can be found in Terminal: Media Center Web Address: http://192.168.x.x:8192
8. copy and paste that web address into your web browser, and if you see the main Media Center X main menu you're set.
Q: my terminal says "Failed SocketConnector" what do i do?
A: open up the "mediacenterx_jar" folder and open up the "webserver.prop" file with TextEdit and change "ListenSocket=8192" to "ListenSocket=8196" and save the file. go through the whole process described above and see if it works.
put music in "mediacenterx_jar/software/Music/music". put video in "mediacenterx_jar/software/Videos/videos". and put pictures in "mediacenterx_jar/software/Pictures/pictures". and type in the web address terminal gave you in your Wii browser and browse to whichever you want!
this can only play .flv videos. there are some converters for windows, but if you only have a mac, get videos off of youtube with the "VideoDownloader" extension. use that because all of the videos on youtube are in .flv format.
if anyone has any questions just leave them in this thread.
-= Double Post =-