I had been using the twilight hack since it came out, installed a few homebrew games and the like. When homebrew channel hit beta8, i finally decided to give it a shot. Installation seemed to go smoothly and the channel appeared afterward. However, immediately after installing, 2 things happened:
1) despite having over a dozen homebrew on my sd card, only the first 4 appeared in the homebrew channel and there was no arrows for me to get to the other homebrew.
2) My dvd based legal bought games (Twilight Princess, Brawl, Wii fit, ect.) no longer worked. When I put them in, the disk would spin onscreen and the screen would go black with a message saying it couldn't read the disk. Try again.
I tried updating the wii but to no success. I'm afraid of uninstalling the homebrew channel as that is my only chance of launching fixer software.
BTW, when i tried troubleshooting, I once was able to boot into brawl fine. However, when I tried the next day, it no longer worked. No clue why that happened.