According to the newest podcast by Orange Lounge Radio, a person going by the name "Loki" who supposedly recently attended a sales meeting which involved high-up sales associates from various companies has shared the following information with them:
Nintendo: Wii Launch
* The Wii will be announced in Japan on 9/14. It is imagined that this will coincide with press party on 9/14 in NY(since the time difference). (Note: After Loki attended the press event, this was confirmed by other media outlets)
* 100% confirmed to be a November launch.
* Will be a worldwide launch
* Lack of product may delay launch past PS3 launch but it will be before Thanksgiving.
* Nintendo is spending about $30M on marketing for the Wii (twice of what the GameCube was).
* There will be a ton of street crews for the Wii. Not going to have in store kiosks. Not certain on that. (Note: We realize this contradicts an earlier kiosk screenprint floating around the internet. We're not sure why there is such a blatent contradiction ourselves. If you listen to the show, we theorize that perhaps there's a change in the kiosk strategy that was mis-interpreted)
* DVD VIDEO PLAYER is an add-on is not included with the Wii (like the XBOX was)
* Blitz: The League is cancelled for the Wii
Other interesting Wii tidbits
* Sonic: Secret Of The Rings for Wii coming Mar. ’07 (not at launch)
* Wii Star Wars game in development now but will not be done until late 2007 or early 2008. They want to get it right they said that is why there isn’t anything at launch.
* GT will ship with a Steering Wheel add-on for the Wii controller.
I found this on DSRevolution.