Ok, here's the thing. I bought my Wii the day after Christmas in 2006 (I was really lucky to find one so soon!). Around the same time, I had hacked my PSP with great success running the custom firmwares (OE 3.03 or whatever is was called). In case you don't know what this is, it's basically a firmware that had the best of both worlds: Sony's bells and whistles in the official firmware, AND third party program support aka homebrew. Anyways, since then my PSP's been stolen and all that went out the window. Well, now I'm looking to hack my Wii. Is it pretty similar?
I have Twilight Princess, and my Wii is using the latest official firmware, 3.3U. Anyways, I've got a few questions:
1. Will the Twilight Hack work on my 3.3U firmware?
2. Does the hack involve downgrading the firmware as it usually did with the PSP hacks?
3. If I've read correctly, I can install the homebrew channel right after using the twilight hack, and never have to go through the twilight hack process again. Is this correct?
4. What are this risks involved in this process?
5. Will I be unable to upgrade whenever new official firmwares are released?
6. Are there, or will there ever be any custom user-made firmwares like with the PSP?
7. I can acquire virtual console games by "buying" them on my PC, and transferring them to the Wii over the SD card with homebrew right?
8. Is there any homebrew to make the base Wii menu less gay (change background, different layout, new music, different SFX)?
Thank you in advance for your time.