More Juicy Wii Development Details Revealed!
An anonymous tipster has given some fresh information on the Nintendo Wii. He informs that Official new development tools have been released and in doing so accompanying documentation reveals and confirms a few things. Read more to check out what new options developers have as well as a few known problems and fixes!
Anonymous tipster's new Wii Info
- A disc country code configuration tool for developers has been added which confirms that the Wii is not region free
- Support for origin reset via pushing the A,B, + and – buttons simultaneously for three seconds on the Wii remote
- Support for mitigating screen burn in and stopping the drive motor, these will kick in if the controller input remains constant over a period of time
- Support for firmware/system menu auto update, a patch in the developers library which update the firmware and system menu automatically after execution
- Wireless Controller settings and save data operations to the main menu
- Full mode has been added to Wii pointer where you not only get the object co-ordinates and size but also the object range, pixel count and radius
- Support for Wii remote speaker output which allows sound to be played from the speaker same way as it is from other channels
- Wii remote setup items have been added such as motor mode, sensor bar position and speaker volume,
- Support for 50 Hz progressive mode display abandoned, for progressive display 60Hz must be used
- There has been known issues of normal pairing with the fourth Wii remote takes a long time and sometimes pairing with another Wii remote will be suddenly lost. Perhaps a reason for the lack of 4-player support on a lot of the launch titles
- The Wii remote options are no longer stored per controller but as common values in the Wii console
- The Wii remote ID of each player number from the last connection is saved and the same number will be assigned on the next connection