Nintendo Dpad has let loose more info about the the new Punch-Out!! for the Nintendo Wii. The big news in this update is that of a special mode that can be unlocked after beating the game. The catch here is that Nintendo is still hush hush about this secret mode so we really don't know anything about it yet, but at least now we know it's there.
Here's the rest of the hefty update:
- When you complete a circuit Little Mac s outfit will change color, starting with green, then blue, etc.
- Unlike other Punch-Out games you will have the ability to use all 3 stars at once, doing so will unleash the triple star spinning uppercut. Think about it as the equal to the Dragon Punch from Street Fighter
- When you progress through the circuits so will your rings. You will start in a small ring then build up to a stadium as you go
- Practice mode will allow for you to fight blue holograms of the boxers to learn their weaknesses and a good place to test out star earning techniques. In this mode you will wear a training helmet which prevents you from getting hurt
- The challenges will be in Exhibition mode. You will have 3 bonuses in each fight ranging in difficulty.
- Von Kaiser:
- Win the fight and land EVERY punch thrown
- TKO Von in under a minute
- KO Von throwing only 5 punches.
- Glass Joe:
- Knock him down 3 times, then let him win by decision
- Find the one punch knockout
- Win fight without dodging, blocking, or ducking.
- Camera zooms in when you're kicking butt
- If you press the minus button between rounds you will regain a portion of your life bar. You can only do this once per fight. You'll know when it happens when Doc Louis eats a chocolate bar.
- If you lose 100 times you will earn the training helmet which makes you invulnerable
- Tap 1 and 2 buttons to regain health after knocking someone down to the mat
- If you run out of heart meter you will be unable to punch
- After you beat the game there is a special mode that you will unlock. Nintendo is hush hush about this secret.
- Punch-Out!! Wii gets two more characters confirmed - Bear Hugger and Don Flamenco
- Punch-Out!! gets some fancy footworks with Balance Board support