No more rumors. No more should-have-been slide presentations. Lego Rock Band is now confirmed for the PS3, Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii, and DS. Here's a screenshot:
Traveller's Tales, Harmonix, MTV Games, and Warner Bros. are all together on this gig to bring two successful franchises into one game. They've even already revealed a partial track list:
- Blur - Song 2
- Carl Dougles - Kung Fu Fighting
- Europe - The Final Countdown
- Good Charlotte - Boys and Girls
- Pink - So What
As you might think, it won't be just a Lego-fied Rock Band (a Rock Band with Lego avatars). Though no specific details were given, the press release mentioned that they're going to bring in the "build-and-play" element of the Lego games into Rock Band, meaning, you get to customize your band - plus roadies, entourage, crew, etc. Equally, the Lego humor and playfulness will also be retained.
All instrument controllers in previous Rock Band games will be compatible here, as would that of Guitar Hero's controllers. The release is currently scheduled for this year's holidays.
- Harmonix Designer presentation slides draft let slip a LEGO Rock Band
- Rumor: Rock Band getting the Lego treatment
- Harry Potter Lego, no go in '09; previous Lego games may be revisited