Vanillaware's Muramasa: The Demon Blade had a bit of a bumpy ride on its way to an American release, but Wii owners can now sleep soundly as the game has been picked up for stateside distribution by Ignition Entertainment.
This comes just a day after XSEED Games announced that it was no longer publishing the game in the US.
Ignition will be releasing Muramasa in September 2009. If you're looking for a stylized 2D action game to sink your teeth into, check this game out. It looks absolutely gorgeous. Here are a few more features as outlined in the Ignition announcement:
- Beautiful 2D graphics
- Large variety of environments
- Two playable characters
- Replayability (multiple playable paths throughout the game)
- Supports Wii Remote and Nunchuk, Classic controller, and GameCube controller
- 16:9 widescreen support
- Excellent music and sound Timeless side-scrolling game play.
- Optional challenge stages and mini-games throughout
- Satisfying action elements leading to nice depth of combat (Combat is fast yet intuitive)
- Story elements and cut scenes are well integrated and not obtrusive.