Homebrew developer MrPeanut has released a new update for Wolfenstein 3D for the Nintendo Wii. Wolfenstein 3D Wii is a port of the classic FPS shooter. The new update fixes some bugs from the previous release and now supports Spear of Destiny, the prequel of Wolfenstein 3D.
For more info about the release, here is the full changelog:
- Save/Load bug is fixed.
- icon.png by Kezza826 added.
- If you have the full versions of the data files, download the file marked "(full)." This will allow you to play all 6 episodes. Like I said I'd like to implement a loader in the near future, or just ONE engine but since we can now save/load our games I figured I'd just compile the full version as well for now.
- If you have the Spear of Destiny .SOD files, you can now play Spear of Destiny on your Wii. Just download the Spear of Destiny archive from the drop and install. Note: The data files are not included for Spear of Destiny and the "(full)" Wolfenstein 3D file.
- mustgowhee has pointed out an issue where you go back to the game from the main menu, your status bar will not display correctly. This is now fixed. Thank you for bringing that to my attention mustgowhee.
- If you hold the b button on your wiimote, turning turns to strafe. Try it out and let me know what you think. Like I said I DO want to do two different control sets: classic and modern with classic being what we have now, and modern being wiimote/nunchuk.
Download: Wolfenstein 3D Wii v1.1a (shareware)
Download: Wolfenstein 3D Wii v1.1a (full)
Download: Spear of Destiny v1.1a