With the announcement of their E3 lineup this year, Square Enix moves into the expo aiming to show a broader variety of games than the ones we usually see. Taking their partnerships with other developers, the A-list publisher will showcase different game genres in their booth, apart from their arsenal of heavyweight franchises of course.
Here's their lineup for E3 2009:
"As our best-selling FINAL FANTASY franchise continues to evolve, Square Enix is focused on creating the best entertainment experiences for all gamers," said John Yamamoto, president and CEO. "Our new partnerships with companies such as Double Helix, Gas Powered Games and Wargaming.net are a testament to our commitment to offer a much broader variety of games across different genres."
- Dissidia: Final Fantasy (PSP) - August 25, 2009 (North American release)
- Final Fantasy XIII (PS3, Xbox 360) - 2010
- Final Fantasy Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers (Wii) - Release TBA
- Final Fantasy Chronicles: My Life as a Dark Lord (Wii) - 2009
- Final Fantasy IV: The After Years: (Wii) - June 1, 2009
- Front Mission Evolved (Xbox 360, PS3, PC) - Release TBA
- Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (DS) - Fall 2009
- Nier (PS3, Xbox 360) - 2010
- Order of War (PC) - Fall 2009
- Supreme Commander 2 (Xbox 360, PC) - 2010
By variety, they mean Supreme Commander 2 and Order of War for RTS, and there's Front Mission Evolved, a third person shooter. Notably, Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep isn't on the list, so we'll have to go with just 358/2 Days in the mean time.
Publishers' E3 lineups: