Here's another homebrewed clone of Guitar Hero, GuitarsOnFire. If you're already enjoying Frets On Fire, then you're in good luck cos this one uses Frets on Fire compatible songs.
Developer Daid reports that it currently supports playing single songs from SD card. Up to five players can join in when in quick play mode and uses four guitars and 1 USB keyboard. It does not, however, support USB harddisks as of yet.
He also claims that it's got no lag and that all the notes are prefect on time. There's only one way to find out.
Here's the changelog for version 0.8 of GuitarsOnFire.
- Customizable scriptable stages. 3 stages included by default (GuitarsOnFire, Guitarfun, Mario)
- Lefty flip
- Load all GFX from png files on SD card
- Load drums.ogg if it exists
- 'lower fret overriding'
- Sound fix when no song.ogg is found
- Gamecube controller support (Untested)
- Classic controller support (Untested)
- Not showing a difficulty if there are less then 10 notes (some songs just add a single note to show up as having all difficulties)
- Added 'start' key for keyboard
- No songs message when no songs are found
- Fix scoring for sustained notes
- Remove tails for short notes
- Add neck/highway gfx
- Failing a song when playing badly
- Keyboard keymap customizing
More Wii Homebrew Games:
- GuitarFun v2.7, Guitar Hero clone: support for Wiimote, USB keyboard, GH3 guitar
- Harmonium v1 beta 3
- WiiSPACE v1.1