If the analysts turn out right, then we just might see the fourth consecutive sales decline in the June results of NPD, and then we'll see that price cut happen. Michael Pachter of Wedbush Morgan and Jesse Divinich of EEDAR are synonymous in saying that sales will most likely be down by around 20-23 .
Pachter predicts that the US software sales will be down by 23 , from last year's US 876 to US 670. He also foresees that there will be a 43 year-on-year combined unit sales decline for the consoles.
Meanwhile, Divinich's forecasts aren't too far-off from Pachter's. Divinich predicts that there will be a 20 decrease to an estimated US 697. He also expects hardware unit sales for the consoles to go down by 33 over last year.
The drop in the software sales can be attributed to the lack of solid games that has been released as of late, while the hardware sales are obviously affected by the general economic situation.
How accurate will their predictions be? We'll find out on Thursday when the NPD results for the month of June gets released.
EEDAR June software sales predictions follow:
- Prototype(Activision Blizzard, Xbox 360, 450,000 units)
- Fight Night Round 4 (EA, Xbox 360 390,000 units)
- Wii Fitw/Balance Board (Nintendo, Wii, 390,000 units)
- EA Sports Active (EA, Wii, 350,000 units)
- UFC 2009 Undisputed (THQ, Xbox 360, 275,000 units)
- Prototype (Activision Blizzard, PS3, 230,000 units)
- Red Faction: Guerrilla(THQ, Xbox 360, 225,000 units)
- Fight Night Round 4(EA, PS3, 216,000 units)
- Wii Play w/Remote (Nintendo, Wii 180,000 units)
- Ghostbusters ( Atari, Xbox 360, 175,222 units)
Wedbush Morgan and EEDAR hardware sales predictions:
- DS - 700,000 (Webush) 725,000 (EEDAR)
- Wii - 350,000 (Webush) 355,000 (EEDAR)
- Xbox 360 - 225,000 (Webush) 230,000 (EEDAR)
- PS3 - 165,000 (Webush) 170,000 (EEDAR)
- PSP - 130,000 (Webush) 125,000 (EEDAR)
- PS2 - 100,000 (Webush) N/A (EEDAR)