The winners for the PAX 10 Independent Games have been announced by The Penny Arcade Expo organizers, and these 10 winners just might see their games picked up by publishers.
The PAX 10 is known for supporting the indie development game scene by giving them publicity to generate that interest from the bigwigs. For this year's event, the following games will be shown on the floor:
- CarneyVale: Showtime by the Singapore-MIT GAMBIT Games Lab (Xbox 360)
- Closure by Tyler Glaiel and Jon Schubbe (PC)
- Fieldrunners by Subatomic Studios (iPhone/iPod touch)
- Liight by Studio Walljump (Wii)
- Machinarium by Amanita Design (PC)
- Osmos by Hemisphere Games (PC)
- Puzzle Bloom by Team Shotgun (PC)
- Tag: The Power of Paint by Tag Team (PC)
- Trino by Trinoteam (Xbox 360)
- What is Bothering Carl? by Story Fort (PC)
While PC games dominate the list, it's nice to see devs trying their hands out with the Wii and the Xbox 360. Previous PAX 10 winners include The Maw, Audiosurf and Schizoid.
- Indie game devs losing slots in XBLA?
- Sony courting indie devs with faster quality assurance, lower price points for new PSP games