Homebrew coders Scip, Rodries and the rest of the MPlayer CE team has released a new update for the excellent Wiibrew media player application based on MPlayerWii and GeeXboX. The latest update of MPlayer CE is quite a hefty one with lots of new and improved features.
Version 0.71 changelog:
- Autoload implemented. If the next file has a very similar name (using a Levenshtein distance of 2) it will be autoloaded.
- Improved memory management: fixes MPlayer hanging if out of memory.
- OSD level 3 now shows mem1 and mem2 info.
- Driver improved with autodetection error: on error the device is reinitied and read is retried.
- Restore Points fixed. Now quit or power off saves restore point and can resume properly. Please delete your previous restore_point file in case it is corrupted, and check that your SD card isn't locked.
- Improved SMB connections: now SMB will always reconnect.
- Improved stream initialisation.
- Fixed green lines at the top of loading screen.
- Further improved video compatibility
- Added ability to load an external driver from SD for USB 2.0 testing. More details (and drivers) will be added to the Google Code page at a later date. Thanks to Hermes for the patch.
- Finally fixed the problem with network and USB 2.0 conflicts (due to the driver using a bad device).
- Font loading improved.
- Improved MPlayer support when a file unexpectedly disappears and reappears.
- Many other small fixes and code cleanup.
- New USB test: o If http://mplayer-ce.googlecode.com/files/USB 20Test.rar says USB device is compatible but a device is not working then there is no FAT partition on the device. Check if you are using NTFS instead.
Download: MPlayer CE v0.71