Homebrew coders Tim Brugman and Maikel Bloemendal has released BlueMSX-wii, a MSX 1/MSX 2/MSX 2 /Turbo R emulator for the Nintendo Wii based on blueMSX. The emulator features a powerful and accurate BlueMSX emulator core, powerful GUI, Wii emulation improvements and more.
List of features:
- Powerful and accurate BlueMSX emulator core featuring:
- Very accurate emulation of MSX, MSX2, MSX2 , Turbo-R.
- Very accurate emulation of all sound processors; PSG, SCC, MSX-Music, MSX-Audio and Moonsound.
- Multiple machine definitions, easily adaptable/extensible.
- Build-in ROM database to automatically use the right ROM mapper for megaROM games.
- A lot more, see BlueMSX website.
- Wii improvement regarding emulation:
- 100 smooth video emulation because of synchronization between MSX and Wii video output.
- 100 smooth audio because of automatically calibrating re-sampling.
- Wii video output switches automatically between 50Hz/60Hz to meet the video output standard of the MSX (Only on PAL Wii, on NTSC Wii the MSX is forced to always operate at 60Hz).
- Powerful GUI:
- Game selector with multiple directory support.
- Shows two screenshots for every game.
- Screenshots can be automatically added by creating screenshot from home -menu Games can easily be added/configured by editing .xml files.
- State can be saved/restored from the home -menu.
- Restore state menu shows the date/time and a screenshot of the saved state.
- On-screen keyboard by pointing your wiimote to the screen.
- General features:
- Automatic SD-Card installation procedure, runs out of the box.
- Two controllers supported for multiplayer games.
- Classic controller supported (highly recommended!).
- USB keyboard supported (Logictech wireless Wii keyboard recommended).
Download: BlueMSX-wii v1.0 RC
More Wii homebrews: