Final Fantasy fans will have one more reason to look forward to the holidays, if they have a Wii, that is. Square Enix has made the announcement: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers will be on shelves in the United States on December 26th, 2009.
The Wiixclusive also happens to be the first major Final Fantasy title to hit the console, so Wii owners will not miss out on the franchise, plus they get to experience it with a motion-driven gameplay system.
Other features include (as mentioned in the presswire):
- Enjoy a new chapter of the series that takes place a thousand years after the events of the original Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, where technology has advanced to its peak and magic is considered taboo
- Encounter the first Final Fantasy gamedeveloped exclusively for Wii, complete with motion-driven gameplay and intuitive controls that are accessible for gamers of all levels. Enjoy a variety of actions and third-person shooter style gameplay
- Step into the hero's shoes and experience the action first-hand! Control Layle's crystal bearer powersto battle adversaries, navigate through obstacles and move objects at will in a highly interactive environment
- Traverse the terrain, swing from high places or take a swim in a world in which all areas are open for exploration
- With an extra Wii Remote(TM), friends and family can jump in to assist the player in times of need.
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers will be priced at US 49.99 and is rated Teen by the ESRB.
Here's a couple of vids:
- How about some in-game cinematics from Crystal Bearers?
- New Love Train gameplay vid for FF Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers