Wii homebrew - Knowledge v0.1
http://img.qj.net/uploads/articles_m...nth.jpg?608902Homebrew coder R mulo Fernandes has released the initial version of Knowledge, a new multi-platform game engine, which is also compatible with the Nintendo Wii.
Knowledge is an engine i been creating in my spare time since August, 31 of 2008. The goal is to make a practical and fast engine where developers can feel comfortable and do things in a organized way. The engine features over 40.000 lines of C/C /ASM code, its multi platform, contains abstraction to common objects (sprites, models, particles), hardware acceleration for 3D operations and dynamic data type loaders. The full source is organized and documented in both Doxygen and HTML manuals. Thanks for looking for knowledge and if possible, let me know about your bugs and general usage experience.
Knowledge 0.1 is the first release of knowledge that you can use to build real applications/games. It still lacks API freeze and features but it works and its pretty stable. Note that it is still in development and might crash, change the api, and have a feature change.
- Supports Nintendo Wii and Pc (GNU/Linux, Microsoft Windows, OsX).
- Object Oriented clean API.
- Common math routines such as vectors and matrices (accelerated by hardware).
- Customizable render pipeline.
- iD Software Doom 3 MD5 Models with skeletal animations.
- iD Software Quake 3 MD3 Models with vertex animations.
- Multi pass texturing.
- Easy debugging.
- XML Parsing by tinyXML.
- Rendering to Texture.
- Material, Texture and Resource managers.
- FreeImage on Pc and PNG/JPEG/TPL on Wii.
- 3D Sprites.
- Particle Systems.
- Skyboxes and Skyplanes.
- Frustrum culling.
- High precision timers.
- Easy file parsing and loading.
Download: Knowledge v0.1
More Wii homebrews:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/~ff/qj/wii?d=yIl2AUoC8zA http://feeds.feedburner.com/~ff/qj/wii?d=dnMXMwOfBR0 http://feeds.feedburner.com/~ff/qj/wii?d=7Q72WNTAKBA