Man...im tired of this ****
[Rant] patch after patch mages have been getting nerfed and nerfed and nerfed recently....its so gay! we are pathetic now unless we are a stupid 3mm which is only good for arena, and still isnt all that great.
mages used to be one of if not the best classes. great dps for pve and raids ect, probably the best pvp class they could take out almost anything. now mages are like the laughing stock of wow.
people used to turn down duels from mages syaing "no way i can take a mage, im not even gonna bother." now we have to turn down duels from friggin warriors cause we can barley take them anymore.
as if this wasnt bad enough, almost every class has an anti mage button now...fear...silence....c loak of shadows...list goes on.
and now as if this wasnt bad enough, blizzard is nerfing us even more, they just wont stop. frost mages are pretty much dead and worthless now. straight arcane and fire also arent very good either. all mages are good for now are 3mm mages ( 3 minute mages) and ontop of that, the tailoring spec only does arcane and fire, or frost and shadow....so either your a 3mm from 350 tailoring+ or your a frost mage from 350 tailoring. if you had chosen frost when it was still somewhat decent, now we are stuck with frost! we cant do anything about it unless we drop tailoring and re level it up to 375 to go "3mm tailoring spec"
now that we are stuck on frost, they just keep getting hit again and again with nerfs and theres nothing we can do, if we respec, we lose all our spell damage and whats left of our dps. why does blizzard insist on making wow worse with every patch they release. if they keep ruining this game, i might just totally have to go back to runescape which would be a great disapointment. [/rant]
"Mage PTR notes" -.-
* Added a new rank of "Ice Barrier" to mage trainers.
* "Arcane Brilliance", rank 1, is now available from trainers.
* "Arcane Brilliance": Rank 2 of this ability now has the same range as rank 1.
* "Arcane Missiles": Rank 3-11 will now consistently pulse 5 shots of arcane damage.
* "Arcane Missiles": This spell is now affected by "Spell Haste".
* "Arcane Missiles": This spell will now obey line of sight restrictions during its entire casting.
* "Arctic Winds" (Frost Talent) now also increases all Frost damage caused by 1-5%.
* "Cold Snap": The tooltip has been adjusted to indicate it only resets cooldowns caused by "Frost spells". e.g.: "Cold Snap" will not reset the cooldown caused by "Dragon's Breath".
* "Conjure Mana Emerald": This spell now triggers a global cooldown as intended.
* "Counterspell" duration reduced to 8 seconds, and the cooldown reduced to 24 seconds.
* Fixed some data errors that caused "Arcane Blast", "Ice Lance" and "Molten Armor" to generate more threat than intended.
* "Frostbite" effect is now subject to diminishing returns in PvP.
* "Frostbolt": Damage on rank 12 has been increased slightly to ensure it did more damage than rank 11 at all levels.
* "Ice Armor":Rank 5 will now still trigger when all damage received is prevented by a damage shield, such as "Mana Shield".
* "Ice Block": This ability no longer makes mages immune to "Weakened Soul" from "Power Word: Shield". However, using this ability now causes "Hypothermia", making the mage unable to cast "Ice Block" again for 30 sec.
* "Improved Fire Ward": This talent will now work correctly with rank 6 of "Fire Ward".
* "Invisibility": Clarified the tooltip on this ability to indicate any action breaks the invisibility affect.
* "Molten Armor": This ability will no longer be triggered erroneously by some non-melee attacks, such as "Feral Faerie Fire". It will also no longer break crowd controlling affects such as "Polymorph".
* "Spell Steal": Stolen buffs that affect specific spells from the original target's class will no longer have any effect for the mage.
* The "Arcane Blast" debuff can no longer be dispelled.
* "Water Elemental": This pet will now come into the game with full health and mana, including that gained from a percentage of its master's stamina and intellect.