The Wrath of the Lich King expansion for Blizzard's much-loved World of Warcraft is all ready to invade the PC gaming world by storm. But before that, a new content patch is in order.
Says Blizzard, you can expect this patch to arrive in the coming weeks, and this is quite akin to what Blizz did prior to the release of The Burning Crusade.
This patch for WotLK essentially caters to the bridging of the current game content with the expansion. Gotta keep it all in the family, you know. As expected, there are, of course, exciting changes and additions, the most prominent of which are the following:
Do take note, though, that this is by no means the final list, so we're betting we'll be seeing some more stuff thrown our way before the patch comes out. Or if not, well, we can always check it out ourselves, right?
- New class spells and talents
- Stormwind Harbor
- Barbershops in capital cities
- Zeppelin towers outside of Orgrimmar and Tirisfal Glades
- Two brand-new Arenas featuring challenging new layouts, terrain hazards, and moving obstacles
- Guild calendar
- Hunter pet skill revamp
- New profession: Inscription
Oh, and do take heed, particularly all Burning Crusade players. You guys will be able to select Inscription as one of the two professions and level up to a skill level of 375 with it. On the release of WotLK, those who purchase and install the expansion will be able to continue their leveling in Inscription, as well as other professions, even beyond 375.
Watch out for the full patch notes! They're coming very soon.
- WotLK beta servers down for new build; level cap to be raised?
- Leipzig: Wrath of the Lich King opening cinematic