well. x360key aka xk3y official team has released a new firmware V1.05. let's take look.
You can download the firmware from here : xk3y firmware V1.05
Here is the changelog
New features in v1.05 [18/10/11]
- Added thumbnails to IsoMenu.
- Removed msu.txt, added alternate Slim FW handling.
- Lizard 0225u dumps, do nothing, XK will now detect 0225u automagically JF 0225u dumps, add the following to xkey.cfg
0225d dumps (0401 label, 0225 firmware), add the following to xkey.cfg
NOTE: For some 0225/0401/1071 it may be necessary to use this param if you are seeing "play DVD". Valid values are 0-6
- Changed partition naming, now shows "Volume Label"
- Improved HDD detection at boot time
- Added support for MAC & EFI partitions
How to update your x360key firmware to V1.05
1. Extract the two files "rootfs" & "uImage"
2. Add the two files to the root folder of a Flash Drive or HDD. (Make sure to eject the drive properly from the PC, it may otherwise cause corrupt files)
3. Connect the Flash drive or HDD to your xk3y remote and wait for the xk3y to start the update.
3.1 The remote LED will now display "UPDATING - PLEASE WAIT" for about 35 seconds. (Do not turn off your XB360 or disconnect the remote while updating)
4. Once the update is completed, the LED will display "UPDATE COMPLETE - RESET XBOX" Reboot your xbox and the xk3y should now be updated to the latest firmware.
5. That's it! Continue to enjoy using xk3y with the new features!
NOTE! Its not needed, but recommended to remove the "rootfs" & "uImage" from the root of your drive after a firmware update. Since keeping them there will cause the xk3y to check the files if they are a newer firmware version then stored on your xk main board, and because of that take longer time for your HDD to be recognized.