Just as the title says, today x360key official site has released the new firmware V1.06.
New features in v1.06 [28/10/11]
- Fixed SD driver bug
- Added Ext3FS support for new SD images
- Fixed IsoMenu & JPGs with large EXIF data
- Limited JPGs in ISO Menu to 200KB
- Added support for user generated Web content
- Integrated Mr_Waffles "Dark Theme" web content as the default. Thanks Mr Waffles!
- Enabled multilanguage support, to use, add the following to xkey.cfg
Where XXX is one of the following:
SCN Simplified Chinese
TCN Traditional Chinese
- Fixed &,<,> in directory names
How to update your X360key to V1.06
1. Extract the two files "rootfs" & "uImage"
2. Add the two files to the root folder of a Flash Drive or HDD. (Make sure to eject the drive properly from the PC, it may otherwise cause corrupt files)
3. Connect the Flash drive or HDD to your xk3y remote and wait for the xk3y to start the update.
3.1 The remote OLED will now display "UPDATING - PLEASE WAIT" for about 35 seconds. (Do not turn off your XB360 or disconnect the remote while updating)
4. Once the update is completed, the OLED will display "UPDATE COMPLETE - RESET XBOX" Reboot your xbox and the xk3y should now be updated to the latest firmware.
5. That's it! Continue to enjoy using xk3y with the new features!
NOTE! Its not needed, but recommended to remove the "rootfs" & "uImage" from the root of your drive after a firmware update. Since keeping them there will cause the xk3y to check the files if they are a newer firmware version then stored on your xk3y micro SD card, and because of that take longer time for your HDD to be recognized.