Via Major NelsonIt has just been announced that Gears of War will be getting a title update tomorrow, June 14th after 0200 GMT. Inside the Title Update, you’ll find eight new Achievements for the "Annex" gametype and the "Hidden Fronts" Multiplayer Map Pack on Xbox LIVE.
In addition to adding new Achievements, worth a total of 250 points, Epic has improved the Roadie Run controls so players have greater control of their movement. The title update will also help squash multiplayer exploits and provide general housekeeping.
The "Annex" gametype is now available for free and the "Hidden Fronts" Multiplayer Map Pack is available on Xbox LIVE Marketplace for 800 Microsoft Points.
All four multiplayer maps will be available for free after Sept. 3, 2007.
Edit - Here are the details on what was fixed and all of the achievements:
- New Achievements added! Eight new achievements worth a total of 250 points created for playing Annex and the Hidden Fronts Multiplayer Map Pack
- Improved Roadie Run to reduce getting snagged on cover
- Tweaked up the amount of damage done by the Lancer Assault Rifle in multiplayer
- Fixed split-screen players interrupting the other player’s actions when they die
- Stopped Annex scoring whenever a “Connection Error” dialog box is displayed
- Reduced the duration that corpses remain visible when hosting an Annex match
- Reduced the range of possible Annex bleed-out times selectable by host
- Addressed a number of multiplayer exploits
- Addressed other general housekeeping
Here are the achievements:
"THIS! IS! ANNEX!" - Complete 100 multiplayer matches of 3+ rounds in Annex and capture 3 objectives in each match - 40 points
"Inconceivable!" - Win 20 rounds of multiplayer matches in Annex by fewer than 5 points - 30 points
"Nub Pwn3r" - Win 20 rounds of multiplayer matches in Annex by shutting out the opposing team - 30 points
"You Down With E.P.I.C?" - Win a multiplayer match of 3+ rounds in any game type on 6 different downloadable maps - 30 points
"Green Thumb" - Win 20 multiplayer matches of 3+ rounds in any game type on the Garden multiplayer map - 30 points
"Mind the Gap" - Win 20 multiplayer matches of 3+ rounds in any game type on the Subway multiplayer map - 30 points
"All That Juice" - Win 20 multiplayer matches of 3+ rounds in any game type on the Process multiplayer map - 30 points
"Purdy Mouth" - Win 20 multiplayer matches of 3+ rounds in any game type on the Bullet Marsh multiplayer map - 30 points