PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL DRIVER, AND THERE IS ALWAYS A RISK OF MESSING SOMETHING UP IN THIS PROCESS, THOUGH IT IS UNLIKELY, IT IS NOT IMPOSSIBLE EITHER. MYSELF AND QJ.NET TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY IF SOMETHING BAD HAPPENS.
Guide by me, some snippets from another guide:
1) Plug in your Xbox 360 wired controller to a USB port on your PC
2) Download the XBOX 360 Control for Windows drivers. HERE
3) Now that you have your drivers installed, download the XBCD Driver [HERE]
4) Extract all the files to a location you will **remember**
5) Goto the location you extracted the XBCD driver files to and run "Install.bat"
**Here it gets a little tricky, so I'll post snippets from another guide**
6) Goto your desktop and right click on My Computer
7) Goto the "Hardware" tab
8) Click on "Device Manager"
9) Expand the "Microsoft Common ..." by clicking the plus sign. (If you don't see "Microsoft Common ..." then expand the "Human Interface Devices" instead.
10) Right click the "XBOX 360 Controller For Windows" and click properties.
11) When the property window opens click the "Drivers" Tab.
12) Click the "Update Driver" button.
13) Click Install from list or specific location then click next.
14) Choose the "Don't Search..." and click next.
15) Select XBCD XBox 360 Gamepad and click next.
16) You will get a message saying the driver is not signed. Click Continue Anyway.
17) Click Finish and your controller should be succesfully installed. Read on for configuration procedures.
18) Download the button configuration from [HERE]
19) Extract the buttonconfig.xgi file to your desktop (or somewhere that you will remember it)
20) Go to your start menu/programs/ (Called All Programs in XP) XBCD/ then click and launch "Setup Utility".
21) Click Open and load the profile that you extracted / .xgi file.
22) Now you have succesfully loaded a configuration for your Xbox 360 controller
**The tricky part is pretty much over**
23) Download ControlMK [HERE]
24) Run the install file / install ControlMK
25) Download the pre-made profile (I made) [HERE]
26) Extract the .pro file to an easy-to-remember location (ex: Desktop)
27) Open ControlMK (from start menu or whatever else floats your boat)
28) In the box next to "Controllers found:" select "XBCD XBox Gamepad"
29) Click "Add"
30) To the right of the box next to "Profiles" there is a ">" sign click that.
31) Click on import
32) Browse to the .pro file that you extracted, and select it
33) Congratulations, you have set up your XBox 360 control on your PC
Some of this guide was based off of http://xbcd360guide.50webs.com/guide.html
The .pro file I gave you was originally designed for CS 1.6, but can be modified to work with other games pretty easily.
To see which button is mapped to each button number please refer to the XBCD>Setup Utility from your start menu.