You may have already heard that Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time is getting a refresh by way of a remake for the Xbox Live Arcade.
Pics of the remake have been floating around the 'Net for a while now, but here's what is probably the first footage of the upcoming game, courtesy of Gamervision. The footage was taken using a cellphone camera, so don't expect any high-def graphics in the video.
In other half-shelled news, Ninja Pizza is reporting that there's also a Wii version of the game in the works, most likely for WiiWare. They've also listed down a few of the features in the version shown at the recent Galabunga event in New York:
- The game is set up and directly taken from TMNT Turtles in Time.
- Right now it's only going to be for Xbox Live, but they're working on bringing it to Wii (Virtual Console Wiiware?).
- It has the same music as the old game.
- Only the levels "Alleycat Blues" and "Skull and Crossbones" were playable.
- The only difference noticed was the bosses for the "Skull and Crossbones" are Tokka and Rahzar (unlike the original, which had Bebop and Rocksteady).
- For Alleycat Blues the boss is still Metalhead.
- The game is basically Turtles in Time with new graphics - Awesome!
A Ninja Pizza commenter also noted that Tokka and Rahzar were the Skull & Crossbones bosses in the arcade version. They were moved to the Technodrome stage in the SNES version and were replace by Bebop and Rocksteady. Since this most likely means that the game is based on the arcade version, there may not be a Technodrome stage in the remake.