With the E3 2009 just literally around the corner, we've got publishers and developers alike scrambling to put the finishing touches on their presentations lined up for the event. Epic Games is no different, and has now revealed their plans for the said event.
Plan number 1 is to have a demonstration in closed door presentations of Unreal Engine 3's features for the PC, Xbox 360 and PS3 in front of prospective customers, evaluators, licensees, and members of its Integrated Partners Program.
Thee said features bundled with the Unreal Engine 3 (and at no additional cost) are the following:
- Unreal Lightmass: a new global illumination solver, which produces high-quality static lightning with next-generation effects. Lightmass leverages Epic s new Unreal Swarm distributed computing framework, which enables lighting to be generated up to 10 times faster than before.
Content Browser: enables designers to quickly locate game assets with thumbnail previews, tag content with metadate, and easily manage asset collections.
- Unreal Master Control Program (MCP): a scalable statistics and data management back end that supports announcements, setting management, online population tracking, and data collection for hardware, profile and game stats. It also includes a set of tools for visualizing gameplay, and can be used for online and offline game components during development and after shipping a game.
Plan number 2 is with regard to booth presentations. Here's their schedule:
- Tuesday, June 2, 12:00 p.m. 6:00 p.m.,
- Wednesday, June 3, 10:00 a.m. 6:00 p.m.,
- Thursday, June 4, 10:00 a.m. 6:00 p.m.
And plan number 3: meet Epic individually. If you would want to see for yourself the technology demonstration, or chat with the company's business reps, or for whatever, just contact Mark Rein for scheduling via his email: firstname.lastname@example.org. You might want to hurry, though, cos availability is limited.
And there you have it, Epic Games' grand plan for E3 2009. See you there!
- Rumored Microsoft E3 '09 lineup leaked: includes big MGS4 finale?
- Capcom's full E3 '09 lineup revealed with two mystery games
- It's on: Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony all geared up for E3