Wow, this was really an exciting week for the Xbox 360, wouldn't you say? From the back and forth MGS4 rumor, to the GTA IV DLC "exclusivity", our green blog sure had a lot to offer, didn't it?
And judging from the looks of things, it looks like Microsoft definitely has got more in store for us in the coming months. I can feel it now, they're so set to give Sony a run for their money (although technically that would be Nintendo who's got all the money but... yeah. Never mind) in E3 and beyond.
Are you feeling it, people??!?! The consoles race may have just truly begun.
- Far Cry 2 patch to significantly reduce the probability of having a corrupted save game sent out. Link
- Another patch made its way to the Xbox 360 later on in the week, this time for Halo Wars. Link
- Is there a Lord of the Rings Online in development for the Xbox 360? A gaming survey seems to indicate as much. Link
- So where in the world is Sam Fisher? Earlier this week, Ubisoft opened a teaser site for Splinter Cell: Conviction asking this same question. Link A few days later, the site opens, and there we find Sam looking remorseful about losing his daughter, on top of shooting his best friend. Tough week, huh, Sam? Link
- Pete Hines talked about a lot this week: Fallout 3, Fallout MMO, and Oblivion books. Link
- I know how much you love anything Final Fantasy XIII. So here you go: new merchandise revealed, may hint significance in story. Link
- Don't bet on it. Microsoft might as well have said this straight when they denied the rumor buzzing about their much-coveted The Lost and Damned exclusive DLC for GTA IV heading to the PS3 as well. Link
- Sega announced Resonance of Fate. Link
- Mass Effect 2's pre-E3 video was released. Wanna see? Link
- High-def Gunstar Heroes going to XBLA. More Sega classics are on their way there as well. Link
- Fable II holds a See the Future Download & Win promo, where you can win the grand prize of Xbox 360 Elite custom Fable II console, with Peter Molyneux' sig. Link
- Time to update your shoe collection on XBL! New shoes were released this week. Link
- Wolfenstein 3D is now listed for XBL! Link
- Exclusive neon green designer shoes biddable on eBay for a whopping US 2,500. It looks like Slimer's, though. You like? Link
- Wall Street Journal doesn't dabble all that much in gaming affairs. But their credibility shows us that when they do, we should actually listen. Like when they say that there will be an Xbox 360 motion-sensing camera. Link
- Another sale in store for you, folks. This time it's Bionic Commando: Rearmed on XBL. Link
- Heavy Rain is too bootylicious for the Xbox 360, it can't handle it. Link
- Microsoft E3 2009 lineup leaked, alleging that it includes the big MGS4 finale. Link After a week-long of silence, though, Kojima Productions finally speaks out about all the MGS4 Xbox 360 rumors. It's not MGS4, it's something else. Link
- Later on this week, Microsoft finally responded to the said leaked lineup, and they said it ain't "even close to the real deal." Link
- To close the week, Microsoft chose to do it with a bang, sending out word that they are working on a gaming handheld, to finally join in on the fray of the DS and PSP. And iPhone. Link
Well? What did I tell you? That was exciting, right? I'll catch you all again next week for more of those pre-E3 goods.
Till then, just keep it posted here on QJ's Xbox 360 blog.