Activision has sparingly released information about their newest musical offering to consoles with DJ Hero, but fortunately, we're about to get better fortune today. Thanks to Game Informer's latest issue, we have a peek at the track list of the game, plus some gameplay details.
First up, the song mash-ups confirmed thus far from the article:
- Gorillaz' "Feel Good Inc." vs. Marvin Gaye's "I Heard It Through the Grapevine"
- Chuck Brown & The Souls Searchers' "Bustin' Loose" vs. The Zombies' "Time of the Season" (DJ Shadow Mix)
- David Bowie's "Let's Dance" vs. KRS-One's "Jack of Spades" (DJ Shadow Mix)
- Nirvana's "All Apologies" vs. Rick James' "Give It to Me Baby" (DJ Shadow Mix)
- Jurassic 5's "Jayou" vs. Herbie Han****'s "Rockit"
- Tears for Fears' "Shout" vs. Eric Prydz' "Pjanoo"
- Plus confirmation of unnamed tracks from Beastie Boys, Beck, Blondie, Billy Squire, and more
Hmmm... The Nirvana-Rick James mash-up should be interesting. Although I would suggest Chicane and Natasha Bedingfield's "Bruised Water" (for Saltwater and I Bruise Easily). Or Skunk Anansi and Republika. Okay, now am just being totally random. But yeah, that might work.
As to the gameplay details:
cascading notes on screen, from top to bottom (take note, there are only three notes), wrapping around the record
two outside tracks shift left and right
crossfader on the controller deck used to stay along with the note
customization via effects dial
rewind setting for loop back and replay
"Euphoria" - DJ Hero's version o f Star Power
I'm liking that turntable controller very much.
- Musical trio officially announced: DJ Hero, Guitar Hero 5, Band Hero
- ActiBlizz boss finally confirms DJ Hero, out this year