Just when the countdown at Kojima's teaser page came to the much-anticipated 00:00:00, lo and behold, the timer jumps back to give us 120 hours more of painful waiting. The new, updated version of the annoying teaser, however, came with a small reprieve - vague hints, trying to spell out what seems to be the headliner that waits at the end of the new countdown.
Every minute or so, lightning will flash on the page, leaving different characters in a repeating cycle. The characters are, in the order that I caught them: e, S (or 5), E, and 3. While I don't quite get what the first two are, the last two spell out the biggest surprise that no gamer saw coming - E3. I was totally blown away. Really.
Kojima Productions apparently took the long way around, tossing us around instead of just going for the usual announcement for an announcement format and telling us to look out for E3. Though the very, very, likely direction that this is going is in E3, who knows? It might be the name of Kojima's new game or something. Heck there's a game called QJ, so who knows?
More on Kojima and his new project:
- Pressurized: Hideo Kojima on continuing Metal Gear series
- Countdown starts on Kojima Productions teaser site
- Kojima Productions: It's not an Xbox 360 MGS4, it's something else
- Heavier than rain: Kojima teaser site for next game blown wide open
- Teaser to a teaser site sent out by Konami and Kojima Productions