Xbox 360 Weekend Warrior: E3 week, but this is not gonna be about E3
Weird that our Warriors won't be touching on the E3 event when that was undoubtedly the biggest news we had all this past week? No, not really. That's because we're having a separate QuickPeek Special Edition for that, so you watch out for that one as well.
Besides, there are other things that happened in the industry that's not necessarily from the E3. Compared to the dirth of information we harvested from LA, they may not be as much, but yeah. They're still very much there to be sure. And so this is the Weekend Warrior that will not talk about E3.
- BioShock 2 got some new screenshots Link
- Assassin's Creed 2:
- Ending will give you yet another "Holy crap, I never saw it coming" moment. Link
- And it's "always been planned to be a trilogy." Link
- Oh, and there will be a Black Collector's Edition for it, too. Link
- Finally, we got something on Crackdown 2. Thank God for their official website. Link
- It's been rumored for a while now - a full year, in fact, and finally, we have confirmation that yes, Forza Motorsport 3 will indeed be coming in two discs. Link
- Overlord was on a roll, too, this week, launching a Minionstrosity of Information video. Link
- Splinter Cell: Conviction: Where in the world is Sam Fisher, you ask? You might wanna check out his official website to find out. Link
- Another one lost would be Gears of War 2: All Fronts Collection pre-orders. They suddenly were nowhere to be found. Link
- Sorry guys, but there won't be a pre-release demo for Prototype. Maybe it's gonna be a post-release demo? Link
- XBL garners the Guinness World Record's Most Popular Online Console Gaming Service. Link
- Check out Overlord 2's demo, now up on XBL. Link
- Wolverine went and slashed his way to the XBL with his Uncaged Edition for X-Men Origins. Link
- Fallout 3's DLC #4, Point Lookout, is said to be coming in three short weeks. Watch out for it. Link
- Perfect Dark will be coming to the XBL this Winter, but you can get the theme as early as now on Marketplace. Link
- Peter Molyneux got promoted, and it's not with Lionhead Studios. He's now Microsoft Europe's creative director. Link
- Why was Rare not at E3? No new games to offer? Not exactly true. Shane Kim explains that the reason for their non-appearance was that the Rare team is "intimately involved" with the production of games specifically for Project Natal. Link
- Electronic Arts exec Patrick Suderland weighed in on the presentations of the companies at E3, and his conclusion: Natal is great, Sony's got a lot of games, and the Xbox 360's 'maxed out'. Link
- Tetris creator Alexey Pajitnov also gave his two cents on Project Natal, and says it's "a very right step in a very right direction". Link
See, what did I tell you? It doesn't have to be all about E3. As I said, we're having a Special Edition for that. We hope you enjoyed the past week as much as we did, too, regardless of whether or not you were impressed by Microsoft's Press Conference.
We'll see you again next week, back to regular programming, but for sure with more post-E3 week affairs. Just keep jumpin'!