Portable VNC v1.2.6 (keyboard enhancement)
Here is a new release of Portable VNC for Custom FW 3.x-OE and FW 1.5
For those for haven't seen previous versions, VNC let you access
to your PC desktop from anywhere using a wifi connection.
What's new in version 1.2.6 :
+ Add new useful keys to the danzeff keyboard such as Win, Alt-tab, etc ...
+ All keys of the virtual keyboard are now really working !
(many keys were not usable in the previous version)
+ Support more keys with the IR-keyboard
The IR keyboard support is based on the work of Harald Fielker
(author of the PSP IR Keyboard Library), and the Virtual keyboard is based on the Danzel code.
PSPVNC has been written by NHD from TeamXos, and it's based on the PalmOS VNC client.
It is distributed under GNU licence, and sources are provided.
The IR keyboard part it has been tested using a Targus Universal IR Wireless keyboard.
You can download it on my blog : http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/
Quick Tutorial: common people google a bit more!!
Originally Posted by Stephan_GFX
1. Read this: http://www.i-hacked.com/content/view/195/62/
2. Read it again before you ask question. The link was on zx-81's blog (like right in your face in the forum comon people!!)
3. Go to your firewall settings in Control Panel.. in the "exception" option:
- add the port number : 5900
- Call it whatever ("home" if youd like). This sounds craked out but its not.. its the only option you got adding an exception. Just take your time to look around before you panic!
4. Yes you need a program, the link is on his blog. Its called TightVNC, a really easy to use program.. you don't need any skills to use. Install it, fill up options such as password etc.. enable the "display : 0" check box. Keep other options.
5. On your PSP, set up a wireless connection (settings - network settings - Infrastructure - scan ...)
6. Put you Portable VNC homebrew where your supose to on your memory stick, and start it up.
7. Choose internet connection and connect. Go to options and select all check box.
8. Enter "new host". Enter your IP adress ending with the port number 5900 ex: 22.214.171.124:5900.
* put your mouse over the TightVNC agent icon on your start bar, it shows your full IP adress..
9: Enter your password that you set up on your PC and voila!
10: Go and give money to zx-81 :-p