PSPMSX: MSX Emulator for PSP v1.2.0 (Fast + IR)
Here is a new version of PSPMSX the the MSX series Emulator for PSP.
For those who haven't seen previous versions, fMSX is a famous emulator
of the MSX, MSX2, and MSX2+ 8bit home computers.
It runs MSX/MSX2/MSX2+ software on many different platforms
including Windows and Unix.
See http://fms.komkon.org/fMSX/ for further informations.
It has been first written by Marat Fayzullin, and later Vincent van Dam
ported it on SDL.
What's new in version 1.2.0 :
- Huge speed improvements, it runs now faster than 60 fps
using only 222Mhz PSP clock frequency
- IR keyboard support !
- New graphics and eboot icons
- Display and save thumbnail images for each save state
- Add a new render mode (fit height)
- New speed limiter function
- Add option to display fps rate
- Now compatible with custom firmwares 3.x and PSP-slim
- Add a simple intro splash screen
- Support iso8859-1 fonts in print text functions
(might be useful to translate menus in german, french ...)
- Bug fix and code cleaning
How to use it ? Everything is in the README.txt file.
Sources are included, and are distributed under Marat Fayzullin's license
for the original MSX part, and under GNU license for all the PSP part.
You can download it on my blog :
** UPDATE 9/23/2007 ** I've uploaded a new version to fix a bug (psp freeze when changing the ram size in the default settings). Thanks to 7th-son for his feedback.